Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 5 = President Challenge

My fifth day here begin with an early wake up call to go to Chinatown,the reason to sell stickers to raise funds for this charity event called President Challenge.

My classmate and I were assign to some crappy run down location in chinatown and each were given a metal tin. The use of metal tin = beg for donation...lol,the good part about donating u get a nice wonderful circle sticker =) weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Soo the main reason for us to reach at the meet point was to catch the workign crowd...but it seems 7am and every1 is still fast asleep...later on at abt 8am tats when it started getting busy ( every1 has departed from chinatown and headed else where ), I too started by begging session,after a while when i have lost all my dignity, i started to get on a role,walker by were giving my coins and dollar notes... but the streak came to a sudden end when i realise there were 2 ppl collecting juz 50 steps away from me,nearer to the mrt...this demoralize me and i decided to change place and in search for a new hot spot...

Walking around looking for crowd of ppl came to nothing much but a few ppl passing by and donating...at abt 9.30-10,i gave up all hope since every corner i go to,there would be at least 1-2 ppl standing with their tins begging for donations as well... LOL,so i decided to meet up and have a SUBWAY breakfast,hoping to feel rejuvenated for the lunch hour crowd later on... but it turns out,after subway break for 2hours,i felt even lazier and convince my frends to give up with me and head back home to poly ( sry abt tat =P my incluence is too strong )

in the end,i was 2nd from bottom ( still not bottom ok!!i beat javier by 75sens =P ) my total collection was a whooooping $13.75 !!! a hard day worth of begging,imagine a beggar begs everyday and gets $13,enough to cover both his meals way..2 subway sandwich also can..lol

Then in the evening it was suppose to be some orientation party,with dj and musics n stuff...but it was meant for all the fresh students and the hall was no way near big enough...therefore,my class decided to skip and headed our separate ways...hahaha tats all for today,i have to get a nice hp b4 i post some pics...

tmr is international student orientation..finally get to meet up with some ppl facing the same trouble or even worst than i am =) as well as search for some good candidates to be my room mates,hehehe...till tmr ^^


No comments: